Thursday, March 4, 2010

If you could see what I see....

I am currently doing an internship at a community service agency in our area. At our agency we meet with individuals who are in need of some sort of financial assistance. We have funds to help with rent, transportation, clothing, work, education and so much more. Many people come in and out of our agency and receive help. Sometimes they express gratitude and sometimes they don't. Either way I am grateful to take part in the great work that takes place in this agency. On occasion we will have individuals come in and express sincere gratitude for the help they had received from our agency and other such agencies in the area. These individuals are so grateful for a second chance that is made possible through community agencies. This happened today and I was so touched when an individual said that the people and agencies in his life would never know how much of a difference they make. Today I remembered why I am a social worker. Today I thought that if people could see how much of a difference they could make in the lives of those they serve or in the lives of those who are served by the agencies to which they donate they would give a little more of their money, their time and their love.

0 comments: