Sunday, June 27, 2010

Idaho Falls Fireworks and More!

I don't know about you but the 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year. How can you go wrong with food, family and fun festivities? I think one of the reasons I love this beautiful day so much (besides what it represents and celebrates) is because I grew up celebrating this holiday in IDAHO FALLS!!!! I have now been living in Utah for a few years now and I have found myself defending the greatness of the IF fireworks show on more than one occasion. Well last night I was curious to know if the rest of the U.S. feels the same way about the IF fireworks as I do so what did I do....I googled the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration and what did I find? It turns out the the rest of the U.S. agrees. The Idaho Falls Freedom Celebration fireworks are ranked the second best in the nation and the largest show this side of the Mississippi!! If you don't believe me then feel free to read the following article:

http://blog.ratestogo.com/best-4th-july-fireworks/

I will be making the trek from Cedar City to Idaho Falls to celebrate this great holiday with my family and I can't wait!

On another note:

On Saturday Blake took a much needed (for me) break from work and spent the day in Cedar City with me. He had been in the middle of first crop all last week and I saw very little of him. I'm really grateful that he has been working so hard to support our family but I am also very glad to be out of first crop!!

Anyway, on Saturday we went to the Groovefest in Cedar City. There were live performances all day and lots of booths to look at. It was actually pretty fun. One of the booths was the Jackrabbit Ranch booth. This is where the Holt Dairy sends some of their milk so it was fun to try out cheese made from our milk.

While we were standing at the booth trying various cheeses a group of girls joined us at the booth. The Ranch woman told the group of girls that some of the cheese came from goats and some of the cheese came from cows. One of the girls look shocked and exclaimed, "What?? I never knew that cows made cheese!!!" The woman had to explain that cows make milk and they use the milk to make cheese.

What is this world coming to??

2 comments:

The Holts said...

Heather, I am in total aggreeance with you about how awesome the 4th of July is when there are great fireworks and parties!! Have fun in Idaho Falls. Maybe we'll get to play someday when we are both not traveling. :)

Spence said...

Heatha! I have to definitely agree about the fireworks in IF...remember the time you kept asking Kellie if there were any fireworks? ahhh good times! ;) Hey we miss you too and hope things are going well. Come visit us some time!